Monday, October 21, 2019

Ode to Dolly is published again & more news

An Update on the Poem  "An Ode to Dolly"

I have posted the poem "An Ode to Dolly  Re: Global Warming" in 2 blogs, a webpage and elsewhere in the past. It got noticed! It is published in a textbook. (Keep reading below the credits  for details.)

  • (Blogs: Valerie's Memos & Valerie's Soapbox; Webpage: VCCTI, an extremely outdated and practically unusable website that I have not had time to update. Give me time. I still have plans for it.)
  • I have used this photo in past posts of the poem. This photo of a sheep and her lamb is NOT Dolly, but is from Fotolia foto.fritz - FOTOLIA
    fotolia_397073 sheep with lamb and full wool coat.jpg] Get more from this photographer.schaf 7 © foto.fritz  

I offer the first 2 lines as a teaser of "An Ode to Dolly."

Dolly had a little lamb.
It came the natural way.

Valerie Coskrey (c)2006.


Back in 2012 or 2013, I received a request to allow the use of the poem in an educational workshop and a textbook. I gave Pearson permission to use the poem, retaining the copyright. I had them donate to RFF in lieu of payment, which they did. Now I learn that the textbook has been reissued.

This poem is included in Pearson's educational text that was just republished in 2019.

Read to Achieve: Gateway to Academic Reading
By David Rothman, Jilani Warsi
Published by Pearson
Copyright © 2013
Published Date: Jun 21, 2019

http://www.mypearsonstore.com/bookstore/read-to-achieve-gateway-to-academic-reading-9780205578061?xid=PSED

The link shows the book and its table of contents. The poem is listed in Chapter 2. I checked Amazon.com and found used versions of the 2013 edition still for sell. So I bought one--a paperback.

 An Update on Coskrey Biz

An update on Coskrey Biz is is to be in an upcoming post. Hint: Editing is really keeping me busy, as is publishing. Stay in touch!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Feel free to include your URL and signature slogan. If you have a product related to the discussion, comment on it. I will review your website and include your comment if I deem it suitable for the site/discussion. Comments are moderated for the all the normal reasons.