Thursday, February 13, 2014

Coskrey Biz Business 2/13/14

 In the shop; At the Computer Class; Getting Insurance;  Keeping Busy



A peek at the glassware and table
I have for sale at
Mertie's This and That

Valerie Sells Items at Mertie's This and That


As you know, I am selling items at Mertie's This and That on Hwy 521 just southwest of Brazoria. It is on the north side just east of the San Bernard River Bridge.

Currently, I am selling vintage Norwood, Imperial and  Indiana glassware, including carnival glass, milkglass,  and FTD vases from the 70's and onward. Bowls and votives round out the collection. There are some furniture items and more to round out your shopping experience.

Looking for china and crystal? I have sets of Moonspun China by Lennox and Navarre Crystal Stemware by Fostoria for sale. Tell Mertie you are interested and ask for my card. Call me and we will discuss it. It is not in the store, although it can be sold at the store. Mertie has other sets of china in the store.

Just one of the patterns of china for sale.
Add these items to Mertie's large inventory and you are sure to find something to please when you come by. Browse and visit; Mertie enjoys company. I might even be there when you stop by. Come between 11:00am-5:00pm from Tuesdays through Saturday. Beware, Mertie occasionally closes a tad early!

Computer Classes at the Sweeny Library



This past week we added tables and columns to a Word file.  Copies of the lesson can be obtained from the librarians.

Next week,  2/18/14, we will use Excel to build a spreadsheet of information and numbers. We will learn the quirks of entering data, formatting cells, and working a few calculations.  We will write a few simple formulas and concatenate text. We might have time for a graph or two.

I ask for suggestions of topics to cover and I ask if anyone is interested in extending the class into March. Also, remember to let me know if you need to arrange some one-on-one time for your individual needs.


Insurance Help is on the Way



A friend of mine emailed me this message just last week: "On Feb. 25, Mar. 4, 11, 18, and 25 at the [American Legion Hall in West Columbia[TX]from 8 AM to 7 PM free help will be available to people to sign up for the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare). You need to bring your tax return, Social Security Number, date of birth, and an ID."

Many thanks, Sam, for letting us know!

Keeping Busy



I am making progress with the updating of the website Valerie Coskrey's Classroom Tools and Ideas. It will be a better site when I am finished. I am also busy tutoring, and have added a few subjects to my list of qualified areas on WyzAnt. (Find me as Mrs. C at WyzAnt.com). You can also hire me directly. Visit Coskrey Biz for details and a link to WyzAnt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Feel free to include your URL and signature slogan. If you have a product related to the discussion, comment on it. I will review your website and include your comment if I deem it suitable for the site/discussion. Comments are moderated for the all the normal reasons.