Monday, January 21, 2008

Want to know how to use science fiction in your teaching?

If you have visited my website, then you know that I am passionate about the usefulness of science fiction to teach science and to explore the ethical issues of both today and tomorrow.

I was pleased to come across this announcement in an email:

  • The Life, the Universe & Everything Educator's Conference is Saturday, Feb 16, 2008. Life, the Universe & Everything: the Marion K. "Doc" Smith Symposium on science fiction and fantasy (LTUE) is February 14-16, 3rd floor, Wilkinson Student Center, Brigham Young University, Provo UT. Guests include Orson Scott Card, Gail Carson Levine and Kevin Wasden.

  • The conference is FREE. For more information and a schedule go to ltue.org.
But, that's not all. This is a conference for educators. One of the presentations will be on ways to use science fiction in classrooms, including K-12.

I want to thank Dave Anderson for bringing the conference to my attention. I expect lists of books appropriate for students and lesson plans to come out of this conference. If you go, let us know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Feel free to include your URL and signature slogan. If you have a product related to the discussion, comment on it. I will review your website and include your comment if I deem it suitable for the site/discussion. Comments are moderated for the all the normal reasons.